The best ever!

The best ever!

by Nick Fenn -
Number of replies: 0
Portslade Adult Learning, located at Chalky Road and Foredown Tower, Portslade, has set a new record for its academic results and appears to be leading the way in adult education. Across the 2017-18 academic year, the college achieved a 95.2% average student achievement rate, with 32 of its courses hitting the full 100%. “We are delighted to say that we've just had the best academic results in our history, significantly above national and local results, with the most positive feedback from our students ever. The message is clear, in all probability if you come to PACA Adult Learning, you will love it, you will improve your confidence and you will achieve your qualification or your personal aspirations so you can advance to where you want to be” Nick Fenn, Vice-Principal Feedback figures from students included: • 93% thought their course was outstanding or good • 93% reported outstanding or good enjoyment levels • 83% said it improved their sense of wellbeing The local adult learning college provides a range of courses; not only for academic studies but also personal interest topics such as yoga, languages or search engine optimisation. In addition they run the well-regarded Access courses that enable learners to return to education and get the results they need to apply to universities. Sam from Brighton was offered a place on the Health Promotion MSc at the University of Brighton after studying at PACA Adult Learning and said that the support and knowledge he was given was invaluable in helping him re-enter education after a very long period of illness during which he wasn't able to study or work. "I genuinely mean it when I say that being on the Access Course has given me valuable new skills, and broadened my range of opportunities for the future, opening doors which would otherwise have remained closed." Fenn, who has been VP at the establishment since 2013 said "We place teaching, learning and the support of students at the heart of what we do, which results in wrap around support from the moment students make that first call to us to the support they receive after achieving their qualification. Our teachers and administrators are relentless in their quest to provide outstanding teaching, learning and support for all, no matter what your background. We are very proud." PACA Adult Learning is enrolling for 2019 now.